At White Lighthouse Investment Management we respect the personal financial privacy of all of our clients and prospective clients. You are sharing with us your most important private information including financial data and private thoughts and wishes. We understand that our clients have entrusted us with private information, and it is important to us that all people we work with know our policy concerning what we do with that information.
We collect personal financial and non-financial information about our clients from the following sources:
- Oral and written information our clients provide to us to help them answer their questions.
- Information our clients provide to us in agreements, account applications, and other documents completed in connection with the opening and maintenance of their financial accounts.
- Other oral and written information our clients provide to us in the on-going course of our working relationship.
- Information provided to us by third parties, such as brokerage firms, about our clients’ account activity and finances.
We do not disclose any non-public personal financial information about our clients to anyone, except in the following circumstances:
- When required to provide services our clients have requested.
- When our clients have specifically authorized us to do so in writing.
- When permitted or required by law.
We restrict access to clients’ personal financial information to the people who need to know that information. To ensure security and confidentiality, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the privacy of our clients.
In addition, it is important that we understand that everything handled in our offices are private and confidential. Within the offices, employees should only discuss what is needed to complete the job. Most importantly, employees should never discuss a client’s situation with anyone else who requests related information unless they are specifically authorized by the client to do so. This includes giving information to a husband about his wife’s private account, to a son or daughter about their parents’ accounts, etc.
References to “employees” may also refer to “independent contractors” hired by our company to complete work for our clients.